"I am not what I’ve been through, I am what I choose to become"
The end of the year is the perfect reminder to take a break and reflect. It is a good opportunity to recapitulate the lessons learned, acknowledge the achievements and propose scenarios to create new patterns.
In the midst of all that is spoken about new resolutions, often driven by ego, it is very easy to feel overwhelmed and lose focus on how you really want to improve yourself next year. It is super important that you don’t get obsessed with plans like losing a few pounds or earning X amount of money. Rather, take advantage of the ending of the Gregorian Calendar to celebrate all that you are and manifest your desire to move forward.
There is an astrology ritual perfect to illuminate the spirit that doesn’t require having astrology knowledge to do it. You will only need:
Your birth chart (you can get it online for free).
Something you can write onto: newspaper, blank page, blackboard, wall, etc.
Colored pencils or pens and any art material that you have at hand.
A lighter or matches.
A plate or bowl.
If you are in the mood for aromatherapy, aromatic candles or essential oils are always a plus in any kind of ritual.
And (most importantly) the willingness to let go your usual way of thinking and trusting the gifts that the Universe has already given you. This is the essential component of your ritual.
Steps to follow:
1. Enter your date, time, and place of birth in a natal chart generator that also provides a description of itself. If you want to get it in Spanish I recommend using LosArcanos.com and in English CafeAstrology.com.
2. Light your candles or oil diffuser and let the space be permeated with your favorite scents.
3. Take off your shoes and sit comfortably with your feet on the ground. Close your eyes and become aware of your breathing for a few minutes. Give thanks for the here and now and for everything you have improved over the past year. If you are breathing is because you are ALIVE, what else can you ask for?
4. After you start breathing, the mood changes, right? Now define the intention(s) of your ritual: Release X pattern in your behavior that no longer works, Manifest X strength for the growth of your soul, or any longing you have in your heart.
5. Play your favorite music playlist and start decoding your natal chart, focusing especially on the astrological signs in which your sun, moon and ascendant fall. The solar sign represents your identity, who you really are when you are not thinking about it. Your lunar sign speaks of your subconscious, the secret part of you that few people know and how you are emotionally. Your rising sign, the constellation that was on the horizon when you were born, symbolizes how you project yourself into the World and how you face everyday situations. If you want to go deeper into your chart, you can read the description corresponding to the zodiacal signs of the inner planets Mercury, Venus, and Mars that refer to personality traits, desires, and needs.
6. Read the description of your signs in each of the indicators mentioned above underlining the words and phrases you want to release in one color and the ones you want to bring to your life in another color.
7. After reading your chart, write on a paper all those underlined features that you are ready to release. Later, place this sheet on a plate or bowl and burn it while you visualize how everything that doesn’t work for you vanishes. While the paper is on fire repeat the following sentence:
"Dear Universe: I no longer need the lessons that these feelings, things, or circumstances teach me. If I have not learned yet, I promise to learn these lessons in a different way that feels better and opens my heart. "
8. Subsequently, write all the words and phrases of your natal chart that you want to become part of your strengths in 2019. Visualize how each of these manifest and feel them within you. Draw around your list the symbols that show everything you want for this new year and perceive the high vibrational level of each of these. Now read out loud the following statement:
"Dear Universe: I invite these emotions and circumstances to my life at this time to serve the best version of myself. I intend that these feelings and desires drive me to serve better, to have more presence and to keep my heart open "
Every time you need a reminder of the incredible qualities that you naturally have, watch your work and use it as a reference visualization chart. Allow these attributes to replace your typical list of resolutions and take advantage of all the wonders that the Universe has placed within you. Always remember that "planets tilt, but don’t force". It is your spirit that determines success!
By Fabiola Marquez
Creative Director | WARIMBA
Article written for Mia Astral's Blog. To read the original article in spanish click the following link: http://miastral.com/ritual-de-ano-nuevo-para-manifestar-exito/
Pictures Credits: Alberto Zanetti @pepozanetti
Emma Loewe y Lindsay Kellner (2018). The Spirit Almanac: A modern guide to Ancient Self - Care